Community practitioners are a significant part of any person’s care team, and it’s vital that they have information and awareness about Connect Care and how it will support and benefit patients.
To ensure a smooth transition and ongoing delivery of laboratory and diagnostic imaging results, community providers in Alberta who do not use Connect Care as their record of care need to:
- Use Connect Care Identifiers
- Use new requisitions to order labs and diagnostic imaging that can incorporate those identifiers
- Advise AHS of any practice location(s) change, even if short term
- Provide a preferred method for receiving results and other information from AHS and affiliated organizations
Community health care providers continue to use their existing Electronic Medical Records and other processes to manage patient information that is not part of the AHS record of care.
- Alert AHS to provider information changes: AHS.Provider_Requests@ahs.ca
- Connect Care support for non-Connect Care users: firstname.lastname@example.org