Connect Care is a 5-year initiative with a 3-year deployment timeline, completing in 2022. Roll-out is organized around a sequence of 9 waves, with the first wave launching November 2019.
Wave 1 brings Connect Care to:
- Edmonton Zone Walter C. MacKenzie Campus (University Hospital, Mazinkowsky Heart Institute, Stollery Children’s Hospital, etc.)
- All clinics currently using the eCLINICIAN clinical information system.
- East Edmonton Health Centre
- All pharmacy, imaging, and public lab services associated with the above.
- Cross Cancer Institute laboratories
- Large segments of Alberta Public Laboratories
Wave 2 is scheduled for launch in March 2020. It will encompass Red Deer and many rural communities in Central Alberta, and urgent care sites in Calgary Zone. A broad overview of the Connect Care implementation waves continues to be updated online.